Monday, October 8, 2012

"Thanksgiving, after all,

is a word of action."  ~W.J. Cameron

I took action today and did my long run, 10K today. I figure it will make me nice and hungry for my turkey dinner tonight. The run went nicely. The sun was hot but was only out for a brief period of time.

I'm not going to bother linking to my run and my pace time was under 8 but I think that I need to recalibrate my Nike+ cuz it had me running at a pace time of 4 something which is like, half of my pace time.

I think when it comes to running that I am most thankful for my health. Lately it's been particularly good and since my pancreatitus is idiopathic (has a unknown cause) I can't fully attribute it to my higher level of activity but maybe it helps. It definitely doesn't hurt.

This is pretty incredible. A 101 year old man ran a 5K: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/awesome-101-year-old-runs-marathon-in-canada

No comments:

Post a Comment