Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sunny with a Chance of a Terrible Run

8K @ 8'15
go.nike.com/1lj3vsv

I was not feeling well this morning after a terrible sleep, got up, heard that an appointment was cancelled and went back to be. When I finally got out of bed at 1 this afternoon I dawdled debating whether or not I run.

I know that if I can easily be de-railed when I am on a training schedule. That was my biggest argument with myself and the clincher in the matter. So I went out also keeping in mind that yesterday was a rest day so I should be feeling fresh out there today. The wind picked up as I was out there and unfortunately I had to run into it for the last mile and a half.

I even took a break. I never take breaks. I know that these terrible runs make the good ones all the better so I just kept reminding myself of that. Plus, tomorrow is only 4 miles and today was 5, so my next run will already be better.

Read a bit about a Soldier On participant:
http://www.globalnews.ca/Health/canadian+soldier+dominic+larocque+on+fast+track+to+2014+paralympics/6442766791/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment