Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's Been a While...

I ran for the first time since my race. I had a terrible bout of pancreatitus. I hadn't plugged in my data for my Nike+ because both my body and my computer were under the weather. When I got back from my run today I checked out the feedback from the race. The race where I had pancreatitus. The race that I threw up after. The race where a 70+ man beat me and I finished last for my age category. And I achieved a personal best for a 10K. I don't know what that says about my training.

Today's run was strange it started off well and I was enjoying the weather (a balmy 14) and I was running in new shoes which felt good. I was also re-calibrating my Nike+ so I hope that it gives me more accurate feedback. It seems to be a bit better. I did a 4 mile run and the pace time seemed more fitting. So I was enjoying myself then my tummy started flipping and I felt like I was going to throw up. I don't think I'm quite fully recovered yet. Some deep breathing took care of that feeling. I persisted and felt better. Moves like Jagger really put some spring into my step.

On Sunday I'm running a 5K Santa race with a friend. We must wear the Santa suit or else we're dq'd. I am looking forward to it and am hoping that the weather remains lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment