Thursday, November 29, 2012

“You can quit and no one will really care….

but you will always know.”- John Colins

8K @ 7'59

Powersong: Dead and Gone- Black Keys

After my disastrous run on Sunday I wasn't so keen to head back out to the streets. Further discouraging me was the perhaps overly ambitious training schedule that I've adopted. I've chosen it because it was designed for speedwork. For my last race I just wanted to complete it. I really want to stop finishing last in my age category, so I will have to try to pick up the pace.

This new schedule has longer runs in it than the previous one. In addition, it's done in miles not kilometres so I really have no idea how far I am running. I had no idea that 5 miles was 8 km so didn't expect to be out there for more than an hour. Today was a just go out and run, run so that I'd get back into the groove. It was pretty windy but warm and sunshiney. I was pretty pleased with my pace time and surprised to see that my third K was the fastest. Typically it's the first.

I am considering running the Burlington Santa 5K with my little buddy, she's 7 and seemed keen to give it a try.

Here's another reason to take up exercise, it makes you smarter!: http://www.heartandstroke.com/site/c.ikIQLcMWJtE/b.8455921/k.2555/Study_shows_exercise_boosts_brainpower.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment