Thursday, December 11, 2014

Indoors

I actually did a treadmill run and didn't hate it. With the snow that we got today I decided I'd give the ole treadmill a whirl. I am still not sure what speed to run at but, it got my heart rate up. I managed the intervals with little difficulty and I still used my bobby pin technique transferring them from one cup holder to the other.

I watched Road to Avonlea, a childhood favourite, as I motored on. I also put the machine on ''speed bump' so it changed the elevation for me, I had enough to focus on with the time to keep me engaged. I normally find it super boring on the treadmill there was an adequate number of people to watch and knowing that I would only be at it for half an hour helped.

I think that I am afraid of treadmills. The internet really doesn't help matters. The sheer volume of videos of people falling off of them is obviously enough to strike fear into my runners. I think I go slower than I need to because I'm afraid if I go faster I won't be able to keep up and will subsequently end up a viral video. All said and done it was as terrible as I'd anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment