Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Misty Eyed

I got back at 'er today. Well, tonight. I WAS planning on a morning run. I forget now what my excuse was but, I didn't. Running tonight didn't feel right. My body's forgotten what running feels like. Bummer. It'll remember soon enough. It was a misty night but I donned my Mark's water resistant hoodie (acquired for my trip to Whitehorse and am thoroughly in love with) and headed out, in retrospect I could have used my contacts. I did mistake a mailbox for a human.

The new plan that I am following is a time interval dealie. 5 minutes walking warm up, 1 minute running 2 minutes walking for 8 intervals and a 5 minute walking cool down. I have trouble remembering how many intervals I've done and because I am a lazy runner I do not want to run more than I have to; so, right before I headed out I looked around my room for something that would help me keep track. My gaze fell on some bobby pins. The plan was to attach them to my hoodie with each interval that I completed. That turned out to be a bit annoying. Easier was unclipping them. Seemed to do the trick. So, there you go- running hack!

My foot seems to be ok. I am rolling it on a can right now to massage it. I DO NOT want to re-injure it. I'll see how it's feeling tomorrow. Right now I'm feeling good! WOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment