Monday, December 8, 2014

WHOA!

So it's been a while...a LONG while. Heading into 2015 while. Reading that last post I see that I had just booked my trip to the Yukon. It was AMAZING. I do believe that I will head back again. I've had another fabulous year staying active(ish) I took up Nordic Walking (aka pole walking aka urban poling). As a result I learned more about the Hamilton trail system.

I have started another new job within the organization. I am how an intensive case manager for chronically homeless men. I am very happy there. The work is so interesting and rewarding. I keep up with professional development and I have obtained a personal trainer. I've also taken up horseback riding again. I did it in my youth and it's another way to be active.

The reason that I've taken to typing again is that I finally got the ok from my GP today to start running again!! YAY!I actually did a fist pump when I got in the car after my appointment I was so excited I didn't know which program I'm going to do, the possibilites were running (look at that pun) through my mind as I got home. I think I'll do a beginner, couch to 5K deal. I took to the internet and found one that I like at myrunningtips.com I enjoy plans based on time instead of distance. I am pretty excited to get going. It's my favourite time of year for running and motivation is high. The only thing is that my iPod was stolen so I won't have my tracker. Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment