Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blog the First.

I ran 4.68 km on 14/11/2010 at 8:41 PM with a pace of 7'24/Km at 4 degrees Celsius but felt like -1
http://go.nike.com/589b158


As the URL indicates this blog is about Morgan loving running. I am Morgan. This blog came about after I adoringly espoused the virtues of running on my facebook page via a note. To save people who don't care being notified that I have posted something about how much I enjoy the sport I have created this venue for myself.

So, I shall start with discussing my jog run this evening (I'm a runner....I'm a runner...). As I set out I knew that I wanted to blog, so I was wondering what on Earth my first topic would be. I'm just getting back into running after being off for about a month and a half except for a 5K race that I participated in last week. It is also "New things November" for me and I am trying to shake things up.

I started out on my normal route with my new blog in mind, which is literally a straight line unless I hit a traffic light and can't cross. No flashing red hands to stop me this time though. Until almost my 1/2 point (Oh yes- my intended run distance was 3.21 Km). Then I turned down Fennell and hit my distance where I would NORMALLY just turn around and run exactly the same way home. But HEY it's new things November. Plus I figured I'd try to get in some running on the road because sidewalk running is the worst that you can do for your body, or so I've read, I strictly ran on sidewalk for months before...So I turned down a side street and continued on asphalt. I generally have a pretty good sense of direction. My mistake this time was not paying attention to how far west I'd gotten, in the dark, where I dont' normally jog. Yes, because I was thinking about my blog, I got lost. This is a first for me. I normally stick to the same routes. This is a fitting way to begin my new blog. My adventures so often turn into misadventures.

I realized that I was slightly off course when my Nike+ told me that I had 400m to go for my goal distance and I may not have known where I was but I DID know I was not 400m from home. In addition, I was nearing the end of my playlist. This is when I decided to run across a darkened field; also a first for me, I'd never run on grass as part of my runs. It was hard work, probably why I'd never done it before. I knew that I couldn't stop running cuz I would get cold so I just kept going. Shortly after this I kind of figured out where I was and made my way home.

The first run back after a length of time off is always difficult for me; finding the motivation, the disappointing pace time, the fact that it's more difficult than normal...just to name a few things. This run was not an exception to the rule. Until the end. I am so HAPPY that I had gotten lost and had to go further than planned because I got my 2nd wind and the last 1/2 Km was a really good run for me. It made me look forward to my next run.

Oh here's my playlist (Clearly my songs are ordered by reverse alphabetical order by title) :
3's & 7's -Queens Of The Stone Age
You Could Have It So Much Better -Franz Ferdinand
You're the Reason I'm Leaving -Franz Ferdinand
You're So Damn Hot -OK Go
Yeah -Usher Feat. Lil' Jon and Ludac
Woo Hoo -The 5 6 7 8s
With A Bullet -Sam Roberts
Where No One Knows -Jann Arden
What You Meant -Franz Ferdinand

1 comment:

  1. "Yeah" is a great song to run to. If you're coming to the end of your playlist, it's time to add some. Hot in Herre is fantastic to run to, as well as Rev Theory - Hell Yeah. I've got some Fergie on my playlist as well (my running list is kind of trashy, but it's motivational.) My Humps is good for keeping a good pace and pushing it every now and then. Out of Control - Kenna, and lastly Pump It - BEP.

    I got most of these (with the exception of Hell Yeah) on a Serena Williams running mix for Interval training. It's a training mix where they have her telling you when to run faster, how much faster then last time.

    I also find that sometimes it's better to listen to music you don't like or wouldn't normally listen to while you run. I tend to think less about the music when I take this approach, and run better.

    We should go on a run when you're here.

    Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete