Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Love of my Running Life

This one's a little delayed as I've been busy the past couple of days.

I ran 6.48 km on 23/11/2010 at 11:49 AM at a pace of 7'31

Playlist:
Save the Last Dance for Me - Michael BublĂ© It's Time
Paper Planes -M.I.A.
Cold Hard Bitch -JET Big Shiny Tunes
I Hate Everyone -Get Set Go
You Could Have It So Much Better -Franz Ferdinand
Well That Was Easy -Franz Ferdinand
Take Me Out -Franz Ferdinand
River Below - Billy Talent
Donna and Blitzen -Badly Drawn Boy
Hey Ya-Outkast
The Fix Is In -OK Go
Feelin Way Too Damn Good-Nickleback
Figured You Out -Nickelback
Animals -Nickelback
I Me You -Jim Noir
Over My Head (Cable Car) -The Fray

Route:


You may have noticed reference to my Nike+. I absolutely adore it. I am not a serious hardcore runner. It does the trick for motivating me. It tells me how far, how many calories and how fast. I create my playlist and go. Right now I am following a training program with it. I just want to see how effective the plan is. As a result I am only doing distance runs with it. I used to use the timed run feature though and actually prefer it. There's lots to do with it, challenges, goals, training programs, there's also a pedometer. I use this feature after I've been sick for a while and need to work my way up to running again. It takes my run information and uploads it to the site for me. I find this piece of equipment to be quite motivational as I like being able to see my progress and have it stored for me. IE I don't have to write it down anywhere. I am a lazy lazy kid. I also have it set up to post my runs on Facebook, which is an optional feature but hey, I enjoy the praise is garners me. Plus, I think it's important for people to know that if I can run, so can they.

The chip fits into Nike and Adidas shoes, along with one other brand I think. I bought a pair of Nikes to accommodate it but with my Sauconys (which are my preferred runners) I just tuck it into the side of the tongue and head out. It has slid out a couple of times until I found the best way to position it. The chip is really tiny to look for in the mountains of Kelowna when it does fall out though. So be mindful.

I love this thing so much I didn't run for a month before my first race because I thought I lost and and running  wasn't worth it without my beloved Nike+. I know, ridiculous. I went and bought a new one and went to put it in my shoe and ope! There it was, in my shoe, it had just slid out of the little pocket and worked its way into the toe of my shoe. So, had I run just once I would have found it. Moral of the story- Don't be an idiot and not run.

As for this run. It stunk. I had a pretty bad pace time. It was really windy and I kind of hated my life for the entire time and frequently considered just stopping and no one would know, except me...I cursed this blog for making me somewhat accountable and for my beloved Nike+ for monitoring what I was doing. I also cursed the weather as it got increasingly colder as I ran and dropped 2 degrees between the time I started and finished. I should have believed the weather channel when it told me it would get colder. I hadn't slept well the night before as the planned sleep in was interrupted by a tele-marketer. Also, about 1/3 of the way through I realized I hadn't eaten breakfast. BUT I did it, & that's what matters. I'll take the 403 calories that I burned and move on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment