Thursday, November 18, 2010

Running in the Rain, Just Running in the Rain

ran 6.73 km on 18/11/2010 at 11:59 AM with a pace of 7'23/Km
http://go.nike.com/01qfgse6


Playlist:
Aint No Other Man - Aguilera, Christina  
Doesn't Remind Me - Audioslave 
Show Me How to Live -Audioslave  
A Peak You Reach -Badly Drawn Boy 
Crazy In Love -Beyoncé Knowles feat. Jay-Z 
Red Flag -Billy Talent 
Let's Get It Started -Black Eyed Peas 
Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry 
Jerk It Out -The Caesars  
Before He Cheats -Carrie Underwood 
We're Young and Beautiful -Carrie Underwood 
Fighter -Christina Aguilera 
Dirrty -Christina Aguilera  
My route:

I do love running, I do miss it on my rest days. There is one thing that makes me not want to run- rain. I heartily dislike it. I also hate (yes, hate) running on the treadmill, unfortunately this is the alternative to running in the rain. When I saw the rain this morning, yes, I was discouraged. I know though, that one of the blessings of living in Canada is that it doesn't rain all day so chances are that if I just go there will be a rainless period. So I just go on out and wait for it to stop. Which it did, and the sun came out for the last 1/4 of my run. In the middle a cyclist rode by and gave me a wave and shouted good job to me. It's nice when strangers encourage you. You don't get THAT from a treadmill.

 I also stepped out the door and saw something that was encouraging- snow on the pool cover which made me think that soon (hopefully) I will be scootin' along with the crunch of snow under my feet and along with that the peace that comes with a snowfall. I love watching the snow fall in front of  streetlights as I make my way along my route with puffs of new fallen snow fluffing up with each footfall. I love the winter and I love winter running. Something I've been deprived of the past two winters living in Kelowna where people know nothing about snow removal.

Looking at my run on my nike+ my pace was oddly erratic. Typically I am far more consistent throughout my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment