Sunday, November 21, 2010

Point-Running

ran 5.03 km on 21/11/2010 at 5:30 PM 4 degrees felt like -1 pace 6'58
http://go.nike.com/07m0l8vf


Playlist:
I Believe In a Thing Called Love -The Darkness 
Pour Some Sugar on Me -Def Leopard 
When You Come Around -Deric Ruttan 
What Was I Thinkin' -Dierks Bentley 
Just Like Me -DMC/Sarah McLachlan 
Our Lawyers Made Us Change The Title Of This Song So We Wouldn't Be Sued -Fall Out Boy 
Dance, Dance -Fall Out Boy 
Sugar, We Are Going Down - Fallout boy  
Paralyzer -Finger Eleven 
The Fallen -Franz Ferdinand 
Walk Away -Franz Ferdinand 
You're the Reason I'm Leaving -Franz Ferdinand 

I fully intended on writing a blog about running when you don't want to and that it doesn't always feel good when you finish and regardless how much you love running sometimes you just have a bad day.

I absolutely did NOT want to go running tonight I went to friends' this weekend to have "Thanksgiving" dinner in Ottawa and although I did not drive (and much love to the driver) I was exhausted by the time I got home. We didn't manage to fit in the run I was hoping to in Ottawa. I REALLY did not want to go so I figured I would get it over with, got home, unpacked and changed into my running gear and headed out. I was miserable, my hands were cold, I felt sluggish, I was bitter toward myself for starting this stupid blog to be more accountable and for having a training schedule. I DID have on my favourite shoes, and I was on my favourite and not coincidentally my fastest route but this did not even cheer me.

I mentally resisted this run and was so opposed to it that after about 300 m I felt like I was doing a pace of 10 I was feeling so badly and to my surprise (probably because of the cold) my pace was under 7 I then decided to pay attention to my pace time on this run and wanted to keep it under my average of 7'14. I managed to do that. In my last 1/2 K I felt amazing and killed it. My pace time for the entire run remained under 7 minutes. At this point I'd like to say, 2 weeks ago at my race my pace time was 8 minutes. I was pretty impressed with myself. When I got home I told the dogs how great a run that had been. Damn you running! You win again.

As an aside the friends that hosted "Thanksgiving" are the reason that I have this blog. One blogs about her experiences as a mom and I figured if she could find the time to fit it into her schedule to do it so could I. The other half of this dynamic duo is the reason I purchased a Nike+ (my greatest motivation for running.). I had a fantastic weekend with friends even if we couldn't squeeze in a quick jaunt. Thanks for hosting!

No comments:

Post a Comment