Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm Amped Writing This.

2.5 k @ 7'24
375m swim

I got FOUR hours of sleep last night. I hopefully will be back to my regularly scheduled sleep program tonight. As I was up early again and knew that I'd be heading to the gym for yoga anyways I went and did a 2.5K run went to the gym and did a swim then did yoga.

The weather was somewhat windy out there today but the sun was shining, birds were chirping and garbage trucks belching by. I seem to run on Friday mornings frequently (aka GARBAGE DAY). It was a fairly satisfying run. My goal right now is to run at a pace of 7'40 but when I do short runs I try to do them a bit faster. The 2.5 K is my run distance for the tri. It took under 20 minutes today. I just keep thinking about what it will feel like to run after a swim and a bike. Those rubbery rubbery legs underneath me.

I also did my swim distance today and tried to do it continuous. I am a little nervous about swimming in open water. Turning my head for a breath and getting a mouth full of water instead. At the Y they always have at least one lane open for lane swimming. Since I've started going in the morning they have had multiple lanes dedicated to various speeds. Normally I just choose a lane that no one is in. Today this was the fast lane. In my defence when I got there I WAS the fastest swimmer there. Until The Guy showed up. The Guy who swims really well who I am incredibly envious of who I have seen a couple of times now. There's also The Woman in the Green Bathing Suit who swims beautifully, but I am mostly envious of her appropriately fitting bathing suit. I've seen her more often than The Guy. Back on track, he showed up and all the lanes being used he chose the fast lane, as he should. Here's my question. Should I have left the lane that I was in? There was room enough for the both of us. I was more than half way through my swim and he only lapped me once. If I had have moved over I would have been lapping the guy in the medium lane who was doing the breaststroke. I am not entirely sure of pool etiquette. There's so much to think about when you're working out. I thought about how I was irritated by the man who as the human buoy (see: http://morganruns.blogspot.ca/2012/04/life-is-echo-what-you-send-out-you-get.html) my irritation with him was only moderate and it was easy enough to swim around him. So, I hoped that The Guy understood that I was at least TRYING and not just floating and I stubbornly remained in the fast lane.

I had a yoga date with a friend this morning. The usual instructor wasn't there and the woman leading us does Vinyasa Yoga!!! I was in my glory. I love the flow. It's really difficult and I was exhausted but it was nice working up a sweat. The volunteers are not terrible, I just love Vinyasa yoga.

With these workouts, I have successfully completed all planned workouts this week. A first since I'd registered for the tri. I have them all written out on my Chapman's Calendar and check them off as I do them. I don't get them done on the assigned day but they're done. There is the one Cyclefit that is haunting me. Tomorrow (I hope!).

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there (my mom thinks it's a commercial made up thing so we're not celebrating). She gets enough love year round that she doesn't need one day to be told how great she is, it seems. Don't worry I still bought her something and we're going out when my brodda is off.

No comments:

Post a Comment