Saturday, May 5, 2012

"No one ever drowned in sweat."

But you sure can drown in a pool.

Today I did a cycle and swim. I realize that I've only gone swimming 3 times but I'm already getting back into the groove I am already doing better. I don't know if that first time I made the classic mistake of any fitness newbie and just tried too hard and didn't pace myself. My cycle  is getting better as well. I did 11 (miles? Kilometres? who knows...) in under 60 minutes. I still don't love it but I read again.

I don't know how people for real train for full tris cuz I am a part time student and work part time and feel like I don't have time to train. I am getting to the gym more. So I stayed true to the comment that if I drove I would get there more. I am still owing one cyclefit class...I am really hoping to get that in tomorrow. I think I say that in every entry. Unfortunately, I don't have much exciting/humourous/interesting to add to this post. Other than, yes. I am still doing stuff with the end goal of putting it all together and doing a race in August.

Oh! I am getting back into yoga slowly but surely. I got a dvd from the library and have been alternating that with sun salutations every morning. I managed to convince a friend of mine to try her first yoga class and she said that she liked it, I'm not sure if she was just protecting my feelings or if she actually enjoyed it. She did really well considering it was her first class. It reminded me of my first class and how nervous I was to try it and how lovely it actually is. Of the various forms of fitness that I have committed to, Yoga is the one where you notice improvements the fastest. It can also be easily done in the home. Overall it is very convenient and I highly recommend it. Flexibility is the first thing that your body loses with age and one of the most important to maintain. It is non-competitive and I find really makes me concentrate on my body so I am able to shut off my brain to all that ongoing chatter. As the instructor said on Friday, the concentration required during the practice of yoga, the connection of mind and body- should be brought into your everyday life. I wish I could but I am not at all disciplined enough for that. I'm happy enough being able to do it for 15 minutes every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment