Thursday, May 10, 2012

"It's rude to count people as you pass them...

Outloud" - Adidas ad

I did not sleep last night. I have this problem on occasion. The longest I've gone is 3 days without sleep. I have been doing well of late, I think the exercising helps. So, I don't know what is up. Discussing symptoms with a counsellor and my Dr, it seems I am bipolar. I may be experiencing a slight manic episode. The only way that I can describe it is like it's Christmas or your birthday and you're just so excited that you can't calm down or sleep and it lasts for several hours or several days. This would explain why I haven't slept and still did a 10k cycle and a 425 m swim as well as a set of sun salutations all before I would normally wake up. PLUS writing this blog.

I had never been to the gym this early. I would definitely benefit from a 24 hour facility (now that I drive). The cycle was tough. I bumped the levels up a couple notches. I had committed myself to going to cyclefit today. Then I didn't sleep and felt waiting for the noon time class would be pointless. I then did my 17 laps of the pool. I really need to invest in an appropriate bathing suit. Mine are all to big, except the one, which is otherwise known for its cleavage displaying qualities. There's actually a lot that I need to invest in for this race. In the book Slow, Fat Triathlete the author outlines what is necessary, what is good to have and frivolous but fabulous items. I forgot to write this down before I returned the book to the library. Something I realised which was slightly depressing- the 17 laps of the pool I did is only 1 & 1/4 ways around a track...Still loving it though!

All in all I'm feeling good. On tap tomorrow is a Yoga class. I think I am going to try to do a run and a swim as well...We'll see about this sleep (or lack thereof) thing first.

Also, I have been watching this video a lot and smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment