Saturday, June 23, 2012

I ACTUALLY Enjoyed a Cycle

I am J-to the -azzed right now. I just got in from a cycle I think I prolly did about 8 or 9 K probably closer to the 8. My baby (he's a full man) brother and I went for a bike ride down on the waterfront this afternoon and I had a lot of fun.

We definitely had a tortoise and the hare situation happening. We had done about 3.5k arrived upon a somewhat deserted area that was mostly flat and straight and we decided to do a bit of a sprint race. Brother is a smoker, overweight and admittedly as active as a toad (I googled inactive animals cuz I didn't want to say sloth, thus appearing more original in my musings and toad came up. I felt I needed to explain in order to justify that toads are in fact, very inactive at least if MF Mason in 1939 has anything to say about it). During the sprint race we had a photo finish. He argues that he is more inactive and has smoker's lungs, whereas I argue I have Diabetes and did not sleep and had to take a wider turn in the last lap because of a CAR! (I know all you Canadian readers mentally shouted that as we- as a culture- are wont to do as a result of years of road hockey).

Regardless, we may have tied during the battle but I won the war because I finished the return ride faster than he did. My tortoise method won in the end. He really poured the steam on in the end and I thought he was gonna catch me. I glanced back and he was STANDING, it made me nervous. Nothing like a little sibling rivalry to kick one's training into high gear. I wonder if I can convince him that tri's are the way to go...probably not as he has an injury that prevents him from running.

I saw this story and loved it: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1213449--spencer-west-man-with-no-legs-reaches-the-summit-of-mt-kilimanjaro

A little bit of inspiration for me as I now have a strong desire to climb Machu Pichu. I am working on my brother to go with me in celebration of my 30th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment