Monday, June 4, 2012

"Listen to your body.

Do not be a blind and deaf tenant." - Dr. George Sheehan

3K @ 7'16

On my run I saw a car that had driven into a bus shelter.

Today's run was wonderful. I had a great play list motivating me.The weather is more appropriate for this time of year it's cooled down and it was overcast today. I felt really good running and that's great. I think my blood sugar is becoming better controlled. Physically, I have also noticed that through doing my sun salutations that my abdomen is stronger. My actual running stance is much more upright and when I consciously tried to pull up more and tighten my abs I didn't have to adjust very much.

I'm beginning to finally feel the effects of my training. I think I am finally at a point where I can start pushing myself. I had to wait for my body to balance out. Having been sick, I find that I am quite in tune with my body and she's ready to go. I have been frustrated with my slow progress but I think I may see a bit more now. In addition, a couple of people this weekend commented that I looked like I'd lost weight. I don't really weigh myself but they said they could tell in my face and legs. My legs. So strange. Maybe my metabolism has finally kicked in. All I know is that I am feeling great, regardless of the cold that seems to be lingering. I'm ready to amp it up! (Until I get hot again...)

This video is making the rounds on the Internet.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-runner-cerebral-palsy-becomes-hit-online-160702750.html

400 m is one time around a track. I hate that distance because it seems so short but when you're doing it, it seems endless. I know that in moments when I am exhausted I will think of Matt and his classmates.



No comments:

Post a Comment