Friday, June 1, 2012

The Buzz

I've been neglecting cardio in favour for yoga of late. Too bad triathlons don't consist of mountain pose, forward bend and downward dog...

I did a strength workout today and worked my arms. I followed this up with a swim. I am not a fan of doing weights, I find them incredibly boring. It does afford one the opportunity to people watch, which is always a favourite past time of mine. Today the guy working out in skinny jeans with the Versace wife beater was my personal favourite. The swim was lovely. The pool at the Downtown Y is cooler (temperature-wise) than the one that I typically attend and I appreciated that.

I also found out that the Y in Burlington offers a triathlon training group. It requires that you register and I missed it. I will have to keep it in mind when the registration opens up again. I think that my best friend may register to compete in the try-tri. It will be nice to have her cheering me on at the finish. She did a sprint tri last year and didn't much care for it but the shorter race may be more to her liking. She is more fit than I (she just hiked Machu Picchu) so I have no delusions of being able to keep up with her in the race.

In other news: I got stung by a bee today. I was sitting on the grass waiting for my bus and it flew up my shirt and stung me on my back!! I haven't been stung by a bee since I was 14 and in Quebec. I get stug by a be every 14 years!


In other other news: This is awesome.



Also, May 31st was World No Tobacco Day. To all the non-smokers and ex-smokers in my life- Way to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment