Thursday, June 21, 2012

“Today I will run what you will not...

so that tomorrow I will run what you cannot.”

3k @ 7'46

Today I am going to allow myself to whine a bit. It's really hot here in southern Ontario and there's nobody forcing me to run but I did it regardless. I was also a little sore from doing weights at the gym yesterday. I worked my upper body and so my arms and chest hurt when I first started out. As per usual the ache went away once I got going.

I only did a short 3k today, I felt it would be unwise in these weather conditions to do any more than that. I drank a lot of water before I went and there was a breeze so it wasn't as terrible as I had anticipated it to be. I am surprised that my pace ended up being as good as it was. I did have some trouble with my breathing at the end and found myself really concentrating on controlling it. Also, by the end I had nothing left in the tank to give.

My Nike+ tells me when I have 400, 300, 200 and 100 m left in my run and I typically push it at each reminder. When the 400 m announcement came I was just starting a small uphill and wanted to quit, when the strains of All The Things That I've Done by the Killers motivated me to finish. The song starts off:

When there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more song
One more song
If you can hold on
If you can hold on, hold on

So, I just held on for 200 more metres and finished 'er up.




No comments:

Post a Comment