Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2

I did a cycle then swim it went well, I was motivated for the try tri. Cycling is just my nemesis, I know that. I don't know how to get along better with it. The compromise is that it's sandwiched in between two things I quite enjoy. I swam at Gulliver's lake and did a ride down Safari Road. Like I said, it went well.  Even MORE motivating however, was the following day when I was on twitter and the amazing Simon Whitfield, our flag bearer and all-round inspiration, posted a pic on twitter saying that he'd just done his swim AT GULLIVER'S. I was totally jazzed and off by one measly day to swimming in the same lake as an Olympian and my hero.

Antoine Valois-Fortier is a competitor for team Canada in Judo. He did not place last year in the worlds. He missed all of 2009 in competition due to injury, trained hard and won the national championship the next year. This will be his first time heading to the Olympics. His parents signed him up for judo to channel his energy. His now coach and Olympic Silver medalist, Nicholas Gill, is an inspiration to him. He's ranked 21st heading into the Olympics.




Roseline Filion of Laval Quebec is competing in the 10m synchronized diving event as well as the individual event. Always bubbly she's earned the nickname Miss Smile. She has won several medals with her partner in the synchro event. She was inspired to start diving after watching Annie Pelletier win a bronze medal in Atlanta. This will be her second time heading to the games with a 7th place finish from the last Games under her belt. You can follow her on Twitter: @Roselinefilion

No comments:

Post a Comment