Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1

After checking out the site of my try tri to see if he could make it to watch me, my brother saw that there was a Du of swimming and cycling at the event and told me had he known that, he would have trained. Regardless, he is going to give it a go next year. The first step for him was quitting smoking. I really hope he can stay committed. He's quit before. His decision to train has also been a nice motivation for me. Nothing like a little sibling rivalry! I'm glad that I have the upper hand right now. I'm sure he's going to catch up to me though (hopefully he's not reading this, it will make him smug).

Dustin Hodgson plays paralympic soccer for Team Canada. He's been playing since he was 6 and his Cerebral Palsy doesn't hold him back. In fact, his nickname is The Turbo, for his speed. He is dedicated to his sport, training 7 days a week. Rtbot.net explains: The sport is played with modified FIFA rules. Among the modifications are a reduced field of play, a reduction in the number of players, elimination of the offside rule, and permission for one-handed throw-ins.
Meaghan Benfeito is the second half of the 10m synchronized divers. This is her second time heading to the games and will also be competing in the individual event. She started because of that her now teammates Emilie Heymans and Alexander Despatie. She hails from Montreal and can be found on twitter @megbenfeito. 



No comments:

Post a Comment