Friday, September 14, 2012

Keepin' the Pace.

4K @ 7'42

Today's run comes on the tail of 3 hours of sleep. One of those days where I wake up with  a huge rush of energy. It didn't necessarily translate into a  faster pace time. It was decent though. I am glad that I finished strong. As long as I finish faster than I start I am pretty happy. Running these longer distances now mean that my legs are far more fatigued than they used to be. It does make a difference and I am finding it more difficult to pick up the pace. I need some warm up time, whereas before my legs felt fresh and ready to go.

50 days until my race. Without races I'm not sure that I would have the motivation that I do. They're also really fun. I encourage everyone to register for one. They're fantastic and there's all kinds of them various distances, locations, and all ages! I noticed on Facebook that a fellow SJU-er has registered for the Terry Fox run. He like me, did a walk to run program. Here's his story and the link to sponsor him:

http://myterryfoxrun.com/story.html

All the best Steve!! Have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment