Friday, February 3, 2012

Final Chapter (hopefully)

Why hello again and thank you for reading this. I did indeed go for a run today!

3.5 K @ 7'28. You may see that this is reduced from 8'15 last week  and 8'20 on Monday. I am a little proud of that. I always find it so interesting how your actual physical well being affects things. I know it shouldn't be a surprise but it is to me. Just shows that you gotta take care of yourself. Before I ran today I checked my BP, I also checked it after I got back from my run and after my cool down. It was high normal, then normal then low-normal. So it seems I am good to go again and can close the Low blood pressure saga.

The actual run in itself felt really good. I find that I have a short stride so I tried to stretch out a bit and it felt good. As I finished up I felt so good I picked up the pace and did a bit of a dash.  Subsequently, I got a stitch. They always remind me of the one day I was on the cross country team in elementary school. Not one day when I was on the cross country team, the one day. I was 7, got a stitch, didn't know what the heck was happening and quit the team.

As a follow up to the last post, I did register for a race. On April 15, I will be running the 5K individual race in the Hustle for Hunger. The race raises money for the Daily Bread Food Bank. If you would care to donate, go here: http://www.giving.runningroom.com/hm/index.php then you can click on pledge an athlete on the bottom left of the page and search for me. My goal is to raise $50 from soliciting 5 dollars from 10 people. Of course more is welcome.

Guess what?! It's Heart Month. Heart and Stroke is a cause dear to my...wait for it...heart. Right now you can do a risk assessment and just for doing that Desjardins Financial Security will donate $1 to the Heart and Stroke Foundation. It only takes 10 minutes and you're helping others as well as yourself. Here's the link: https://ehealth.heartandstroke.ca/heartstroke/hsra/?LID=1&pgSrc=risk_MDW_panel_HSF_desjardins_en I did the assessment and have 10/16 positive risk factors (improve my heart health) and 6/17 negative risk factors (that reduce my heart health). After the survey they give you tips and tools that you can use. One of which for me was build a network that supports you. And that's you guys! I check every day to see how many hits my little blog gets and I love the support. Like I mentioned before I think about what I'm going to blog about while I run. I was not so keen to get out on this oh so grey day and the thought of sharing how my run went got me out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment