Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Silver Lining

4 K @ 8'09



Today there was no procrastinating. I was ready to get out there, regardless of the grey day and sub zero temperature. I laced those shoes up went out the door and started. I was displeased. It wasn't until the 2nd Kilometre that I was feelin' it today and as I had planned a 4K I was halfway through before I started to enjoy myself. My music was not enjoyable today. The post run cool down was nice though and I was in better spirits once I'd finished that. 

I have taken to checking my blood sugar and blood pressure when I get back to ensure that I am not going to pass out. My BP was fine and so were my sugars. My blood sugar being a 5.5 was astonishing! As long as I've had Diabetes (Diagnosed in June) it's never been normal. My dr's been trying to control it using other meds that are not insulin without much success. She switched up my meds a couple of weeks ago but it had still remained high. The ideal range is between 3 & 6 and I was twice or three times that. I found it frustrating because I had adjusted my diet (somewhat) and I've obviously been more active than before and had not seen any results. So as much as I hated the run today there IS something good to come out of it. That's the tricky thing about running, every time I go, no matter what- there's always something nice that comes of it. I'll surprise myself with a great pace time, the weather will be beautiful, I'll catch an amazing sunrise... I should remind myself of this more often when I am mentally grumbling about heading out.

If you would like more information on Diabetes you can head to: http://www.diabetes.ca/. I actually got my free blood glucose (sugar) testing kit from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment