Thursday, February 2, 2012

No Run

I was scheduled to run yesterday but my morning blood pressure check revealed that it was still too low. Raw deal. It does mean that all I want to do now is run. I was walking (very slowly) home from a friends' place and considered just legging it figuring I'd be home by the time I passed out and decided that this may not be the healthiest course of action and continued dragging my heels all the way home.  I think the meds are pretty much out of my system today and I will be able to pick it up again tomorrow after checking in with my doc. In the meantime, I've been looking at some races online that I'd like to do. It's always more motivating having a date to train for. I can't believe that there was a time when I had sworn I'd never do a race. I had also forgotten (until I watched too fat for 15, terrible TERRIBLE reality tv show) that I had toyed with the idea of doing a try-a-tri. I checked out the distances and to train for one in the summer seems realistic. I'm thinking of doing aother 5 k in April then the try tri in June. If you're interested lemme know.

This is also the first post that I've done on my phone so please forgive any mistakes until can fix them on my computer. I committed to blogging Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and don't want to fall off the wagon so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment