Thursday, February 23, 2012

In the Zone

4.52 k @ 7'42


Today's run felt really good. I actually was exhausted when I finished. I could have sworn I ran farther than that. As previously mentioned as I jog I often ponder the topic of my blog as I move along. Today I didn't have a topic by the end of my run. I was really just feeling the run and didn't even really pay attention to my music. Normally I spend a lot of time shuffling through songs to find just the right song while I'm out. I can tell when I'm really concentrating on my run when I don't even know what song is playting.

I was on my least favourite route because it's a gradual uphill on the way back and then there's a brief steep uphill on my last block. I was TIRED today on the way back. So I guess to answer my pondery in the last blog about pushing myself and how innate it is was answered. For me, it's partially automatic.

I'm getting closer to the 5 K marker. Soon I will be there again, my race is going to be here before I know it. I was happy that my time was under 8 minutes it's a good sign for race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment