Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Even if You're on the Right Track...

you'll get run over if you just sit there". - Will Rogers
5K @ 7'33
All right, for once I am going to say how happy I was with my pace time. So happy, in fact, I teared up a little. With just 2 runs left before race date I was pretty much ecstatic to run it in under 38 minutes. I had decided on a goal for my race which is a time of 38 minutes and 45 seconds. That means a pace of 7'45. If I manage to keep a pretty decent pace on my next 5K I may bump it down a touch. I wasn't expecting such a speedy run today, I must admit.

I have had a bit of a cold this week and an ear ache. My second one this year, as in, during 2012. I'd never really had them before. I just kept my headband firmly in place over my ear and today wasn't too windy so it doesn't seem worse for wear.  The weather was perfect. Gorgeous sunny day, not too warm. Looking ahead to Sunday it's supposed to be warm, but rainy. Of course! Mother nature, you sure know how to mess with me.

In other news, the set up of the blog is gonna change a bit next week as I'm gonna be cutting back on my running because I have to pick up cycling and swimming as well in order to train for a try a tri at the beginning of August. After Sunday I will have completed three 5 K races so it's time to shake it up a bit. I will be swimming 375m, biking (yuck!) 10 k and then running a mere 2.5 k. I say mere now not having swum or biked prior to running. I am kind of excited about this and have no idea how to train for the event the race site is fantastic though, and had tonnes of tips and literally goes through the race form registration to crossing the finish line.

In addition- does anyone use resistance bands to train? I picked up a few and like using them but they only come with 6 exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment