Monday, April 2, 2012

"You Have a Choice...

You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face." -Gatorade

5 K @ 7'35

Today was ideal for a run. I know I am not looking forward to the summer heat but today was amazing. In part, I'm sure, because I also enjoyed myself on the run. I try to check my pace after the end of every song and today I had forgotten to do that. I was just out there enjoying myself. I felt really good after doing the hill run yesterday.

I have five more runs until race day and my excitement is mounting. This is technically the first run that I've actually properly trained for. The first one I didn't run the entire month beforehand and the second I  trained one week prior. I think I may have also had developed diabetes by that point. Both times I wanted to run it in less than 40 minutes and failed to do so. So I'm trying to choose a reasonable time now. I could set the same one, but I think I could easily do that. There's no way I could do it in under 35 I may just do under 39. That means about a 7'45 pace time, which is what I've been trying to keep it under of late.

Here's a great video that I found kind of amazing and inspired me with regards to determination. It's a Canada-US individual tug of war.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsPIzRsUtlE

No comments:

Post a Comment