Monday, April 9, 2012

I Kinda Liked That.

3.02@ 7'14


Today I stayed in bed because I could hear the wind blowing outside and I didn't want to get up and run in the wind. I puttered around dilly dallying hoping that the wind would calm down a bit before I ran. Hey, I'm a recreational runner, I don't like adverse weather conditions. I do make a deal with myself on windy days though, I run into the wind for my first half then let it blow me back. It was very windy. There is an upside to that as I don't sweat as much running into the wind, which was good today because I've misplace my beloved headband.  My ear buds kept getting blown out of my ears and as you can see, my pace time was way below normal; in part because I tend to run 3 K's faster, I love those days, a 3 feels like so much less of a chore and I also credit mother nature for the other part.

I realized that I talk about pace time a lot but for my non-runner readers I'm not sure if you know what I am talking about. When I say that I have done 3.02 K @ 7'14 it means that I have done 3 K at a pace of 7'14 the pace means how long it takes me to do 1k so in this case it took me 7 minutes and 14 seconds on average per K. If you look on the map, 1 k is about the distance that I ran on Mohawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment