Monday, April 23, 2012

Wet Snow is Worse Than Rain.

5.7K @ 7'47

Today's run was interesting. I guess the only thing worse than running in the rain is running in wet snow. It kind of slaps you in the face. I was doing a timed run so I knew I would be out there for 44 minutes. I knew it would be an impressive feat if I actually got my butt out there, and I did. So, be impressed. Haha, just teasing.

I don't have any actual schedule that I'm following as of right now while trying to train for the tri. I do throw in the occasional timed run so that I can keep up my distance because following my tri I want to start training for a 10 k. Slowly but surely my distance is inching up. I find that I don't exactly run my fastest when I am doing a timed run because I know that I am going to be out there for the same amount of time no matter how fast I run.

It was also interesting having my clothes plastered to me as a result of the rain/snow mix that I slogged my way through today. It added weight to my legs. My arms were also tired after this run. I didn't think to wear gloves and my hands were shoved in my jacket sleeves so firmly stayed in a 90 degree position for the entire run, which they are not used to.

Also, having come to realize how motivational music is to me during my work outs, I do not know what I was thinking when I made up the play list for today's run. It was very slow jam-y. I'll really have to make a better one up.

All in all today was just a get out there and do it run and I accomplished that so I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment