Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Weather First

4K @ 7'30

My run today was a hill run. My hill runs entail repeatedly running up and down across a highway overpass. I did try running up the escarpment and ended up crying. So maybe I will get to that again one day. The instructions on the running program I'm using says to run hard on the uphills and take it easy on the downhills. I am quite pleased with my 7'30 pace time and it felt really good. As I have written before, I really enjoy uphill runs. I like the fact that there is immediate gratification once you get over the crest of the hill and go flat or, even better, head downhill.

I obviously am a couple days behind in running as I was scheduled to do this on Friday. I woke up to a very very grey day and the sound of rain. Drats! Rain, my natural running enemy. I do not enjoy it. I often find myself uncomfortable. So, I waited until I couldn't hear anymore raindrops. Then, I hustled it out of the house. It rained a bit while I was out there but my unhappiness was neutralized by my enjoyment of running the hill. In my last half kilometre home it began to hail. Which was a first for me.




Exactly one fortnight until race day!
Sponsor me at: https://www.runningroom.com/dashboard/donations/index.php?raceId=7510&eventId=23519&memberId=UzMCPFQzUzQGYgQ1BzE%3D&item=8&guest=1
I'm only 15 dollars away from my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment