Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just Did It.

3.63 @ 7'25

I ran on a track today so no map. It'd pretty much be me drawing a repeated 400 m oval. Track running is also my 2nd least favourite form of running. For many of the same reasons as a treadmill. I feel like I don't go anywhere. At least I'm outside if I'm on a track. It was a beautiful day for a run. Slightly windy, also an issue I dislike whilst track running. Half of each round is against wind. The track near my house is near a high school so I have to shed any self consciousness and run knowing that there could be possibly hundreds of pair of eyes watching me run. In addition, an elementary school gym class joined me on the track.

Why was I on a track if I dislike it? Today's run called for sprints. So it was 3 K plus 6 100m sprints. They felt pretty good. I was really focused on doing the entire 100 m as fast as I could, it's so easy to cut it short when you're out there on your own. I liked being able to run across the finish line at full speed. It allowed for some visualization for race day. Sounds cheesy but it's supposed to work.

As nice as the weather was today I definitely did not want to get out there. I have a rule that I'm not sure I've discussed which is the 10 minute rule if I REALLY REALLY don't want to get out there I tell myself to do just 10 minutes and if I still REALLY don't want to do it then I can call it quits. I think I've only quit once.

There's a glitch on my Nike+ and after almost every run Tiger Woods comes on and tells me that I ran 250 k, makes me feel like an ultra marathoner.

No comments:

Post a Comment