Friday, March 30, 2012

"All it Takes is All You Got"- Marc Davis

5.63@ 7'34
http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_CA/plus/#//dashboard/


Today was a very lovely run. I really enjoyed it and am back in the training phase where I am actually running for fun right now. I realized this after talking to a friend of mine about how I don't really consider myself to be in shape and she said sarcastically, "Oh no, you just run 5K for fun". I had put it out of my mind until today when I found myself singing along with my music. In that moment I realized that I was having fun.

I'm still focused on my pace time but it's remained below 7'45 and when I checked it initially it was below 7'20 which was cheering and motivational. I did a bit of my run on the rail trail today. It's a decent place to go. Asphalt surface and there's sufficient nature. Last time I went along there I came across a garter snake.

I also came across an older woman all bundled up who stopped me and asked if I was cold. Which of course, I wasn't. It was perfect weather for me to run in. I am hoping for similar conditions on April 15.  The big race day! Speaking of- I'm still not at my fundraising goal- You can sponsor me at: http://www.giving.runningroom.com/hm/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment