Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gotta Cut Me Some Slack

5.24 @ 7'51


I did a timed run today. I've noticed that I often run slower on them. I do them to build up my endurance. I was really disappointed in myself when I was looking at my pace times, they were at or above 8. I thought I was done with that pace time. I hadn't seen it in a few runs. Being my own coach I decided as a result of my slowness I was gonna take a route where I knew I'd have to do an uphill because I was disappointed with myself.

I finished the uphill, then headed down an unlit path and hit another uphill and I decide to really go for it on the hill. Suddenly I felt looser and my run a bit better. This is when I realized how stressed out and tight I'd been feeling. My best pace time was when I was sick and on cold meds. I was so loose on that run and it felt fantastic.

I also noticed that I was tighter in the upper body. I think that's because I was carrying my phone and my iPod. I may need to invest in a fanny pack so I don't have to carry them or clothes with pockets to carry my electronics.

When I was running uphill  and getting down on myself I was thinking about my friend's mom who posted yesterday that she had run 2K and how impressed I was with her. by this point I was on Kilometre 3 of my own jaunt. I had to remind myself that what I am doing impresses people to, that it's ok to celebrate successes. I need to remind myself that the standards I set for myself far exceed the expectations of those in my life and that I need to just take it easy and loosen up. It's difficult but sometimes I can do it, like tonight. I also need to remember that my 3rd K is always my slowest. During that time, I should remember my new favourite picture and maybe it will help me loosen up.




Makes me smile, every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment