Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our Greatest Glory is Not in Never Falling, but in Rising Every Time We Fall. -Confucius

5 K @ 8'01 (ACK)

There it is again...an 8. I must admit, this worries me. With a race 3 weeks away I feel like I should be posting the best pace times I've ever had. This is not happening. It is frustrating. This felt like the 3rd worst run I'd ever been on. The first being an uphill that I'd done that was so hard that I cried, the second was my low blood pressure run that made me throw up. This one I only FELT like crying. I was so frustrated and disappointed. I am my own worst critic though, I've also had a pancreatic attack the past two days. I'm hoping that's the reason for my sluggishness. Realistically I know this is in all likelihood the reason.

In the middle of my run I laughed at something that happened yesterday. I took my friend's 6 year old daughter shopping for a birthday outfit. I was helping her get off the escalator and lifted her arm up. The one holding an ice cream cone. Hilariously, the cone fell on the top of her head. Poor kid, it was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment