Monday, March 26, 2012

Take the Bad With the Good

4.08 K @ 7'23


This is a picture from an old blog, so cut off half a kilometre, I finished at about Anson. As you can see I improved on my time about 20 seconds. Such relief. I appreciated this run ever so much more because of the crappy one that I had yesterday. It was my favourite running weather out there. 2 degrees and sunny. Much more appropriate for March.

I was getting myself pumped up for the Olympics and was watching Usain Bolt videos. I remember watching him run the 100m at the last 2008 Olympics and being in awe of his speed. Just looking at those legs and how they propel him and how he doesn't only win races but dominates. I do find it amazing what the body can do. Here's one of the videos I watched. Just imagine being able to do that, and all the work that goes into it. What a person must be made of to be that committed. I can barely force myself out to run a mere 4K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u18_-87Pb6U

Race day is only 20 days away! Here's my pledge page, I'm only at 30% of my goal. Come on folks! I know you have it in you:

https://www.runningroom.com/dashboard/donations/index.php?raceId=7510&eventId=23519&memberId=UTFWaAZhVTJUMAEwATc%3D&item=8&guest=1

No comments:

Post a Comment