Monday, March 5, 2012

“Success isn't how far you got...

but the distance you traveled from where you started.”

3.01 @ 7'42


Today's run falls firmly into the category of "at least I did it". I had a great weekend away skiing and spent hours on the slopes. Definitely that is one advantage that I've noticed with my ongoing commitment to fitness. I was able to stay out there hours and hours without getting tired. I did, however; get sore. It was also very cold out today we're talking real Canadian winter and it was -15 with the windchill. I learned from the past though and knew that my legs would feel better once I started running and I had such a good time in the cold yesterday skiing that I knew it would be a nice day to head out. Plus, I couldn't resist the sun.

I knew I wasn't going that quickly but I was glad that my training schedule only called for a 3K. I bundled up really well and it turned out that I didn't even need gloves so I shoved my iPod into it as in cold weather it has the tendency of shutting down. It was a fairly decent run, I was just happy to be under 8 with my sore muscles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment